LX55 Portable Sawmill
As low as CA$6,995.00
Entry-Level Portable Sawmill for Hobbyists
Entry-level portable sawmill you can count on featuring a strong twin rail LX frame, quick up/down saw head, and quick-set log handling.
- Easy Shipping and Assembly
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 2-Year Sawmill Warranty
- Built in the USA
Description LX55 Portable Sawmill
Fast and fully-loaded with high-production features, the LT70 super hydraulic portable sawmill is engineered for sawyers that demand high-production sawing from a portable sawmill day in and day out. The LT70 is fully-loaded with engine-powered hydraulic log handling and head controls, pedestal remote control station with joystick controls, deluxe board return with outfeed table, debarker, LubeMizer blade lubrication, and more.
The LT70 super hydraulic is completely portable and ready for road travel with a standard single axle trailer and electric brakes. Six fine-adjust outriggers allow for quick set-up and precise leveling of the bed prior to sawing. The patented open side of the LT70 hydraulic sawhead allows for minimal leveling during set-up, easy off-bearing with the trapezoid shaped bed, and sawing of odd shaped logs.
Logs are loaded and turned hydraulically with loading arms and a heavy-duty bi-directional chain log turner for maximum log control. Logs are secured onto the bed by four side supports (two hydraulically controlled vertical supports for fast positioning) and a heavy-duty hydraulic log clamp. Two hydraulic roller toeboards assist with precise leveling of the log on the bed for tapered logs. Dual hydraulic pumps allow for up to twice as fast hydraulic log handling than the standard hydraulic portable sawmills. Engine-powered hydraulics efficiently control all head and bed functions through the use of high-performance horizontal and vertical energy chains. The operator can be set up at either end of the sawmill with the pedestal remote control station. Two joysticks control all head and bed functions of the sawmill including side supports, log clamp, log turner, toeboards, blade guide arm, and debarker. The joysticks can also control additional accessories such as log decks and incline conveyors. Similar to Accuset2 setworks, the control panel calculates board thickness to quickly and accurately position the sawing head automatically for the next cut while maximizing the yield per log. Once the blade is engaged with an auto clutch, the saw head advances through the log with the power feed control that includes variable speed for optimal sawing control. Once the cut is completed, the saw head is raised and reversed by the powered saw head controls and positioned for the next cut. LubeMizer blade lubrication features an adjustable electronic flow controller and pump that applies a special lubricating solution to both sides of the blade in order to melt away sap that can slow down the blade while sawing. Deluxe board return fingers and a 3' x 5' outfeed table assists with offbearing boards. A debarker helps extend blade life between sharpenings by clearing a ¼” wide path in front of the sawmill blade’s cut entry. The adjustable blade guide arm keeps the blade well supported while cutting various sized material. Blade tension is easily adjusted, and keeps the blade at the proper tension for cutting.
- 36" max log diameter with 28" max width of cut and 20' 2" length of cut
- Advanced engine-powered hydraulic log handling (log loading arms, toeboards, bi-directional chain log turner, log clamp, and two vertical side supports) with dual hydraulic pumps for twice as fast hydraulic functions
- Engine-powered saw head up/down & forward/reverse for fast head positioning
- Pedestal control station with fully-proportional joystick controls allows the operator to be positioned anywhere around the mill to control all hydraulic head and bed functions
- Material board dragback with 3' x 5' outfeed table for easy offbearing
- Debarker removes dirt and bark from the blade path for longer blade life
- LubeMizer blade lubrication system for maximum blade performance
- Standard trailer with patented cantilever design, trapezoid shaped bed, and fine-adjust outriggers for precise bed leveling
- Built in the USA
- Wide sawmill head increases max width of cut to 34"
- Laser sight pinpoints the precise location where the blade will enter the log for reducing inefficient cuts and increasing yield
- 6' bed extension can be added to saw longer lengths (26' 2" max length of cut)
The LT70 super hydraulic portable sawmill comes fully assembled with one Wood-Mizer sawmill blade. Free one-on-one sawmill training by an experienced service representative is included during your Wood-Mizer location pick up or home delivery. With a 30-day money back guarantee, 2-year sawmill warranty, and 5-year chassis warranty, the LT70 super hydraulic is backed by the same level of service, quality and safety features shared by the entire family of Wood-Mizer wood processing equipment.
The LX55 twin rail portable sawmill features a large in-class cutting capacity for sawing 26” diameter logs into 22” wide boards up to 12’ 5” in length with optional 5’ bed extensions for sawing longer lengths. Built in the USA from premium quality steel, the LX55 sawmill adds extra strength and durability with the rigid LX Frame sawhead tower that holds the controls, engine, and sawmill head in a stable structure that travels on twin parallel ¼” thick laser cut steel bed rails. Packed with performance-enhancing features, the LX55 includes reliable Kohler gas and electric sawmill options, quick up/down sawhead, gravity-fed blade lubrication, and adjustable steel side supports and log clamps for a user-friendly sawing experience. Combine these features with the industry-leading reliability and durability of American-made Wood-Mizer portable sawmills for an entry-level sawmill that you can count on.
Features LX55 Portable Sawmill