How to Fold and Coil Sawmill Blades
By Wood-Mizer, Canada
Folding and unfolding or coiling and uncoiling sawmill blades needs to be done correctly. Here is a quick, step-by-step guide on how to fold and coil sawmill blades. ALWAYS REMEMBER to wear gloves and eye protection in addition to keeping others at a safe distance when handling sawmill blades.
How to Unfold or Uncoil Sawmill Blades
1. Take the three-loop sawmill blade coil in your right hand.
2. Find the loop that creates a ﬁgure eight, and pull down with your left hand.
3. The top two loops will form a cross
4. Whichever blade loop is on top, hold with your right hand. Hold the other loop with your left hand.
5. Hold the sawmill blade out and away from you. Slowly move your hands apart while rotating your forearms down and outwards.
6. Your sawmill blade is successfully uncoiled.
How to Fold or Coil Sawmill Blades
1. Raise the sawmill blade with teeth pointed toward you. Slightly squeeze the sawmill blade inward.
2. Keep your arms locked, swinging the top of the blade down so it bends under.
3. On the downward bend, bring your hands together crossing over each other.
4. The sawmill blade will form three loops. Lift the bottom blade upward with your left hand to catch all three loops in one coil.
5. Your sawmill blade is successfully folded or coiled. Remember to secure the coiled blade with a wire tie to ensure it won’t uncoil or unfold.